[An Edited Excerpt from the Introduction]
Carolina Baseball: Pressure Makes Diamonds is a history book, a life-lesson book, and a storybook all rolled into one. In the case of South Carolina baseball, the journey from tradition to national champion took 118 years. Ending with the 2010 national champion University of South Carolina Gamecocks, it pays homage to three notions:
- First, the irresistible lure of South Carolina's heritage and traditions.
- Second, every young Gamecock who discovers this book will learn the game from its roots and equpiment, to rules and strategies through the amazing stories found herein
- Third, they will find names, history and stories of coaches and players who have lain the groundwork for title seasons that followed and culminated in a national championship.
For every person who has never been to South Carolina, we hope this makes you want to go there. And for everyone who hasn't enjoyed a Carolina Gamecocks baseball game - we suggest you get your tickets in advance.
- Written by J. David Miller & Ron Kule
- Including a Foreword by then Head Coach Ray Tanner
- Total 223 pages
- Limited Edition Book
- Measures: 8.75" x 11.25" x 0.75"
- Product ID: CABSL00864